Do you ever think about the MESSAGE in terms of how it SOUNDS, rather than just what it contains?
Again, you are most likely to give a negative reply as very few of us understand the SCIENCE behind COMMUNICATION.
So here are some simple VOCAL TIPS which you can pass on to your sales team.
1) SMILE when you make that call, or meet a new potential customer. (I’d be surprised if you hadn’t heard that!) WHY? – because it softens the VOCAL TONE and makes you sound FRIENDLY.
2) SPEAK CLEARLY. We quickly get annoyed if we think someone is being lazy in their speech and not taking the trouble to make it easy for us to understand.
3) KEEP CONTROL. Don’t rush and don’t try to say too much in a short space of time. You’ll sound DESPERATE and people won’t be able to process what you’re saying. You’ll be WASTING YOUR TIME.
4) POINT all key words with EMPHATIC STRESS. Don’t flatten out the delivery or your listener will have no clues as to what is important. Make them HEAR the benefits in the VOCAL TUNE.
5) USE YOUR EMOTIONS. If you connect with your message you will SOUND as if you MEAN IT. This is an essential element in the communication equation.
Never go onto ‘automatic pilot’. If you do, you will ruin your chances of selling because you will sound DISINTERESTED
I hope you find these tips useful. Give them a try.
For any of you thinking about using video of yourself on your website, but not sure how you should react to the camera, look HERE
Call now FREE on 0800 0834 082
I will be back early in November with another vocal blog. Till then, remember:
Talk may be cheap
but your speech should be priceless!